VITEEE -Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam
Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) comes under top 10 engineering institutes of India due to its quality engineering education in different courses.
VITEEE – 2014 entrance exam is one of the top engineering entrance exam conducted by the VIT University for the admission to the various B.Tech courses and it is conducted every year in April month .
VITEEE Registration / Application Form Date
VIT University will issue the online application form for VITEEE 2014 from 2nd December 2014.
The application form for VITEEE 2014 will be available both offline and online and the Application Fees can be paid offline or online.
The VITEEE 2014 Application Form must be submitted in the printed envelope before the deadline with the address :
Guidelines for VITEEE 2014 Application Form (OMR)
- Candidates have to use only a black ball-point pen.
- All should be written in Capital letters
- Use pencil to shade the circle to correspond with the code / numeral / appropriate alphabet as the option
- A good quality, recent, passport size colour photograph must be PASTED only
- Signatures of the candidates must be with black ball-point pen only.
- Do Not staple ( or pin) ,stitch or any stick anything on the Application Form.
Apply for VITEEE
Instructions for VITEEE 2014 Application form
Candidates should write Application Number, their name, address and contact number on the backside of Demand Draft
Candidates can get VITEEE 2014 Application Forms and brochure from the selected post offices on payment of Rs 950
In Person: Candidates can get the forms in person by submitting a DD for Rs 950 in any of the following centres
- VIT University, Vellore Campus
- VIT University, Chennai Campus
- Chennai Administrative Office, New No. 6, (Old No. W-73), Second Street (Opposite
- Towers Club), Anna Nagar, Chennai – 600 040 (Phone: 044-42016555, 65480555, Fax: 044-26222555),
VITEEE 2014 Application Form
- Go to official site to fill the application form for VITEEE 2014
- Fill in all necessary details including name , address and exam centres choice .
- After filling all the required details, candidates have to pay the fee for Application Form .
- Once your form get successfully , an Application Number will be generated.
- This application number must be noted down for future reference.
- Take out 2 print out copies of Online Application Form (one to be sent to university and one to be kept by candidate )
Application form for NRI
Application forms for NRI/ Foreign National students are also issued for their B.Tech courses here in the University.
NRI Candidates who are applying have to make a DD of 50 USD in favour of “VIT University”
VITEEE 2014 Eligibility:
The applying candidates have passed their 10+2 examination from CBSE or any recognised state board of examination.
Candidates must have atleast 60% marks in the board exams.
The Students who hails from the states likeJammu & Kashmir and from the North Eastern States of Assam, Manipur ,Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh,Sikkim,Tripura, Nagaland and Mizoram are given have a relaxation of 10% marks it mans that the minimum marks for the eligibilty is 50% for them.
VITEEE 2014 exam pattern , syllabus and result procedure
The question paper of VITEEE consist of 3
Mathematics or Biology
Around 40 questions are there in each subject and each is for one mark.All questions are objective type with 4 choices.The big relaxation for students is that there is no negative marking.
There are 13 programmes offered at the VIT University and those candidates who clear the entrance exam are eligible for all the 13 programmes offered.
Candidates who attempt portion of -Physics, Chemistry & Biology in the test can opt for branches like Bioinformatics, Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes only.
The question ranges from simple to difficult covering every topic but these questions are mostly from CBSE Syllabus and the State Board of Higher Secondary Education .Candidates can even check the syllabus for the Entrance Examination from the Brochures issued .It is given in the APPENDIX-IV of Brochure. Each part has 40 questions and each question carries one mark.
More information regarding the important dates will soon be updated.